[Insight-developers] Empty FixedArray destructor: Performancehit using gcc (times 2)

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Thu Jun 5 17:40:02 EDT 2008

Just to try and make things clearer. The current memory alignment is
not actually wrong. The computation results are indeed correct.
However the pointer is simply not aligned on 8 bytes which is thus not
optimal in terms of performance. When I said "bad alignment", I
actually meant "alignment leading to slow memory accesses".
Tom