[Insight-developers] How should I handle a trivial regression test failure?

frankmiller at jhmi.edu frankmiller at jhmi.edu
Wed Jun 11 15:44:43 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I have a fix for bug #4547 implemented locally which is a minor correction to
the way itk::CenteredTransformInitializer calculates the transform center.
Interestingly, this change causes ImageRegistration14Test to fail.

  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=4638007&build=97344

By visual inspection, it looks like it is performing correctly.

Unmodified output:

  [ ... snip ... ]
  Initial transform parameters = [0.15, 110.5, 128.5, 10, 14]
  [ ... snip ... ]
  Result =
   Angle (radians) 0.174418
   Angle (degrees) 9.99344
   Center X      = 110.5
   Center Y      = 128.5
   Translation X = 12.9975
   Translation Y = 15.9851
   Iterations    = 617
   Metric value  = 1.47025
  [ ... snip ... ]

Modified output:

  [ ... snip ... ]
  Initial transform parameters = [0.15, 110, 128, 10, 14]
  [ ... snip ... ]
  Result =
   Angle (radians) 0.174399
   Angle (degrees) 9.99235