[Insight-developers] gcc 4.3 test failures

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 14:06:46 EDT 2008

Niels,

The values should be identical. They are derived from the same source
image (random) and filter. The only difference is an extra
StreamingImageFilter. There are about 10 tests failing with the same
issue. I think it is a buggy compiler. We saw a similar issue with
itkRegionGrow2DTest a week ago. In that case, the numbers were
integral and the equality test failed. After adding a bunch of extra
output, the test started passing. This is the first release of gcc
4.3.0. There is a just released 4.3.1 which we have not tried yet.

Bill