[Insight-developers] Bug fixing procedures

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jun 23 21:59:36 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I agree with you in that the process is tedious when many
files are involved.

Changing from CVS to SVN in not in the short-term plans for ITK.

One option that comes to mind is that you could use the CVS diff
command with two dates, as a way of getting a list of all your
changes.

For example:

       cvs diff -D "2008 06 19" -D "2008 06 21"

There are probably other good options to get the summary of
changes without having to navigate the ViewCVS links one by one.

--

Regarding the other direction: from the change log to the bug entry:

You must mention the bug entry in the CVS commit command.

for example:

         cvs commit -m "BUG:7079 Fixing memory leak"

where 7079 is the bug number in the MANTIS bug tracker.

Note that our CVS commit filters require your commit messages
to contain one of the following tags:

     ENH: Enhancement
     BUG: #### bug fix
     STYLE: coding style fix
     COMP: fixing compilation errors or warnings

Any suggestions on how to do this better, are welcome.