[Insight-developers] Backward Compatibility & ADOPT A BUG PROGRAM

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 13 11:08:33 EDT 2008

Hi Andreas,

To answer your original broad question,
here are some pointer to the Backward Compatibility policy:

http://www.insightsoftwareconsortium.org/wiki/index.php/Administration-BackwardCompatibility

This link has now been added to the Wiki page of the "Adopt a Bug"
program:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Adopt_a_Bug_Program#Procedures_to_Learn

Please note that this is a topic that is not casted in stone and it
is an issue over which we continuously struggle to find what is the
right thing to do.

You may find interesting the open discussion page that we have on the
topic:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Backward_Compatibility_Open_Discussion#Discussion_Topics