[Insight-developers] Problems with LightObject checkin

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Wed May 14 10:44:18 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

For the Mac:
It's a bit weird, I just checked on a machine running Mac OS 10.5. It
compiles and runs fine. I have submitted an experimental build on
cdash:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=76513

If someone has an idea, pleas let me know.

For Cygwin:
I am not a windows developer so any comments are welcome.

The error is:
`LONG' does not name a type
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=75963
but the function InterlockedIncrement work on that specific type:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683614(VS.85).aspx

I found the following discussion
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/03/25/8334558.aspx
that mentions the difference between long and LONG on windows.

I am not sure why everything went fine on mingw but maybe the solution
for cygwin would simply be to include windows.h in itkLightObject.h
instead of itkLightObject.cxx.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom