[Insight-developers] DICOM / GDCM: Better support for UUID generation

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu May 15 04:57:15 EDT 2008

Hi there,

  I am currently trying to address two issues at the same time:
- get rid the the MAC address issue (security threat)
- more robust unique UID generation.

  For that I am using 3rd party library. Since I only have access to
only 2 platforms: Linux/Debian & WinXP, I do not know if the
implementation will work on all ITK supported platforms. Before I
start adding code that might thrash the dashboard, I was hoping to
find a couple of volunteers to test the 'exotic' platforms. For this I
made a simple cmake project available for those of you interested, to
test:

  https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/Sandbox/uuid

Steps:

$ svn co https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/Sandbox/uuid
$ mkdir uuid-bin
$ cd uuid-bin
$ cmake ../uuid
$ make && ./testuuid

Simply reply to this email if you find any issues/problems.

Thanks !
--
Mathieu