[Insight-developers] Transition to CMake 2.6 : Preparation for release of ITK 3.8

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 16 10:33:26 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

Good point.

It is hard to tell how soon the Linux and Cygwin distributions
will transition to CMake 2.6

---

Here is a suggested course of action:

1) Encourage Dashboard submitters to update to CMake 2.6

2) Do not require CMake 2.6 until we have stablished that is
    is widely available on Linux and Cygwin distributions.
    We can revisit this by the time we are freezing for
    releasing ITK 3.8.

I have already updated my submissions from zion, redwall,
and camelot to use CMake 2.6.

It is important that we start moving with (1), so we can
detect early any potential issues.

     Luis