[Insight-developers] I fixed a bug, but don't understand how to tell Mantis about the fix

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 16 16:57:10 EDT 2008

Hi Kent,

           Thanks for taking care of this bug.

We just promoted your two accounts in the MANTIS bug tracker
from "reporter" to "developer".

If you log in again in the bug tracker, you should now be able
to add notes to the bug report, and you should see additional
options that allow you to change the bug status.

What you may want to do is to click on "Change Status To:"
and move the bug to "resolved". Then we wait for confirmation
from the bug reported, to verify that the bug is actually fixed,
and at that time we actually close it.

In general, as a sanity check, it is better to let the bug-fix
to marinate for one Night in the Dashboard, so we see its potential
secondary effects in the next day Dashboard, before we claim the bug
to be fixed, and proceed to close it.

The process is described in the following Wiki page:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Contributing_Bug_Fixes

    Please let us know if you encounter any problem
    while updating the bug entry.