[Insight-developers] Returning a smart pointer or a pointer?

Hauke Heibel heibel at cs.tum.edu
Tue May 20 04:02:31 EDT 2008

Hi Luis and Tom,

How about deprecated warnings? I have a small sample which worked with
gcc 3.4.4, VS cl.exe 14.00 and Intel C++ compiler 9.1. I admit that
there might be problems with other compilers since I am not sure if that
declspec belongs to the standard. I saw that there also exists a
deprecated attribute
(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.1/gcc/Function-Attributes.html#Function%20Attributes).

Regards,
Hauke

Here is the sample:
----------------------------
class Foo
{
public:
  __declspec(deprecated) void GetDeformationFieldRawPointer(){}
};

int main(int argc, char*argv[])
{
  Foo f;
  f.GetDeformationFieldRawPointer();
  return 0;
}

--
Tim Hauke Heibel
Computer Aided Medical Procedures (CAMP)