[Insight-developers] Release Schedule for ITK 3.8 : "Green ITK"

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 23 16:09:19 EDT 2008

                "Green ITK"

              That sounds great !

Here is a summary of pending issues:

1) The 3 warnings on Redwall 64bits VS8 have been addressed.
    They should go away in tomorrow's dashboard.

2) The 192 warnings on Redwall 64bits VS9 have been addressed.
    They should go away in tomorrow's dashboard. They were actually
    related to "inline" modifiers, used in the implementation of
    templated operator==() that were declared as friends in the
    hash_map and hashtable classes.

3) The compilation erros in chiarugi.uiowa, Linux64-g++-3.4-opt
    seem to be new. (were not there yesterday). Looking at the
    Nightly updates I don't see any change that can be an obvious
    culprit. This is a link error somehow related to shared vs static.
    (any ideas?)

4) The 25 warnings in the SINTEF build are related to the
    LEGACY_SILENT being OFF. (we have notified SINTEF).

5) The warnings in dashsun1.kitware are mostly related to
    "Warning (Anachronism): Assigning extern "C"  ".
    Seems to be comming from taking pointers to functions
    that have been declared "extern" and assigning them
    to function pointers lacking the "extern" modifier.

    We have in the Insight/Code/Numerics/FEM/CMakeLists.txt
    file some CMake code intended to attempt to silence
    anachronism warnings on SUN (lines 170-175)...
    but they don't seem to be doing the trick.

    I'm experimenting with a fix on Solaris... and hoping
    that it will not break any other platform. It is a
    pedestrian "#if defined (__SUNPRO_CC))  extern #endif".
    ....  :-/

6) The warnings in kw.panzer C" MacOSX-gcc4.0-rel-static
    are related to GDCM Legacy macros. (we are checking
    with Mathieu and Sebastien, there may be an easy way
    to get rid of the warnings...)

7) The warnings on RogueResearch5, Mac10.5-InsightBS-rel
    are of the type:
    warning: variable 'outPtr' might be clobbered by 'longjmp' or 'vfork'
    (I believe that you have found the wayh of taking care of these ones,
     is that right ?)

8) The 1 warning in RogueResearch3, Mac10.5-InsightReview-gcc-dbg-ppc
    should be gone tomorrow. I committed a fix for it this morning.
    It was a casting from 64bits to 32 bits. (we will see...)

9) The 411 warnings in peuplier.jouy.inra.fr, 	Win32-VCExpress2005.
    Most of them  are about using "<" and ">" with booleans in the
    wrapping.

      warning C4804: '>' : unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation

    I'll vote for disabling this warning, at least when wrapping is ON.
    Otherwise, the only way to solve it is to not instantiate templates
    on "bool"...

I think this covers the compiler errors and warning section.

------

    After that...
    we have some isolated tests failing...

       Luis