[Insight-developers] Okay to remove protected helper function, ExceptionObject::UpdateWhat()?

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Tue May 27 13:11:49 EDT 2008

My proposed fixed version of itk::ExceptionObject
<www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=7094> no longer needs the protected helper
function UpdateWhat(), that was added by Brad King, a few years ago:
www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkExceptionObject.h?root=Insight&view=log#rev1.31

ExceptionObject::UpdateWhat() is undocumented, but it looks like it's
only used within ExceptionObject itself. Theoretically it could also be
used by classes derived from ExceptionObject, but that seems highly
unlikely to me.  Can I savely remove it, when applying the proposed
patch?

Kind regards,

  Niels

PS Thanks for all the suggestions so far on how to do an experimental
build on MSVC.  I still hope to get it working /within/ Visual Studio,
especially because I'm using an IDE plugin to increase compilation speed
(IncrediBuild)...

--
Niels Dekker
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nd/dekkerware