[Insight-developers] ITK factory, MacOSX, .so, .dylib

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Tue May 27 19:53:23 EDT 2008

Hello ITK,

Quick question: was the factory mechanism on MacOSX fixed so that ITK
looks for .dylib instead of .so.

I see a few hacks in Slicer3 (which uses ITK 2.6) where IO plugin
libraries are built (i.e. as .dylib), then a POST_BUILD custom
command is added to copy it to the same library name, but with a .so
extension, so that ITK can load it at run-time. And then I realized
the .so libs are not even installed, so that's not helping :) Anyway,
instead of fixing the install rule for the .so, can you guys tell me
if I can get rid of the POST_BUILD command altogether and expect ITK
2.6 to load .dylib fine?