[Insight-developers] ExceptionObject Borland Compile errors

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Wed May 28 08:41:20 EDT 2008

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Just a heads up that my continuous Borland build is reporting many
> compile errors after your changes. [...]I'll see if I can send
> you part of the error log.

Hmmm... Your log says things like:

  Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
  C:\lorensen\Projects\InsightContinuous\Code\Common\itkDataObject.cxx:
  Error E2315
C:\lorensen\Projects\InsightContinuous\Code\Common\itkSmartPointer.h
147: 'UnRegister' is not a member of
'ExceptionObject::ReferenceCountedExceptionData', because the type is
not yet defined in function SmartPointer<const
ExceptionObject::ReferenceCountedExceptionData>::UnRegister()

This looks quite bad! It looks like Borland cannot deal with
itk::ExceptionObject containing an itk::SmartPointer, pointing to a
forward-declared class (ReferenceCountedExceptionData).

I need some time to figure out a workaround.  I don't have access to
Borland this afternoon...  In the meantime, should I undo my commit?  Or
do you have a workaround?

Kind regards,

Niels