[Insight-developers] ExceptionObject Borland Compile errors

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 28 20:31:28 EDT 2008

Hi Niels,

Following Brad's suggestion:

Brad King wrote:
> Instead of LightObject just write your own base class that provides the
> Register/UnRegister and counting stuff.  Make that a complete type in
> the header and then derive the real data type from it in the .cxx file.

An interface/facade class was added that simply provides the
Register()/UnRegister() API expected by the SmartPointer.

See changes in the following links (.h and .cxx)
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkExceptionObject.h?root=Insight&r1=1.37&r2=1.38&sortby=date
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkExceptionObject.cxx?root=Insight&r1=1.12&r2=1.13&sortby=date

This class is then used in the .cxx file as the base class
of the ExceptionData class. The Register/UnRegister methods
are now overloaded in ReferenceCountedExceptionData and are
delegated to its second parent, the LightObject.

This is currently compiling in gcc 4.1, bcc 5.5 and Visual Studio 8.

We will see how it goes in the Dashboard tomorrow....