No subject

Fri May 16 13:32:40 EDT 2008

> ====
> With regards to when smoothing should occur, there are three indepent
> choices:  Smooth initial deformation field, Smooth during iterations, smooth
> final deformation field.  These are not exclusive operations.  If this were
> done, then the current Demons class in Algorithms could also be modified in
> a backwards compatible way so that the default behavior remain the same
> (That is until ITK 4.0 where we would be allowed to make default behavior
> changes :-) ).
>
> ====

I do agree with Hans. I could of course add the flag to my code. It
might however be better to do it after the 3.8 release and do it both
on my classes and on the current demons classes (with different
default behaviors to keep backwards compatibility on the current class
and the "nicer" behavior on the new classes).

> A post-doc in our lab is currently trying to reconcile differences between
> the different demons implementations.  As part of this effort he will be
> stress testing the code quite extensively.  We will let you know if there
> are any problems that occur.

Great!

Tom