[Insight-developers] Failing Tests after checkins

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 02:34:26 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

I see you didn't get around to replacing the baseline images for the
discrete Gaussian image function tests.

Therefore I have made the changes and committed... I hope that is okay.

Regards, Dan

2008/10/28 Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>:

> Hi Dan,
>
> No problem, I'll look at reducing the image size.
>
> I agree that 500K is not that big in the medical image context,
> but when we consider that this is testing infrastructure for
> software, then it is hard to justify the ratio of code/images.
>

> Maybe we should consider following the example of VTK and
> having a separate ITKData checkout with all the additional
> data for the testing infrastructure.
>

> In this way we don't have to compromise the first user
> experience versus the completeness of the testing suite.
>

>  Regards,
>

>     Luis
>

> ------------------
> Dan Mueller wrote:
>>
>> Hi Luis,
>>
>> Sorry for the "large" images. I guess I'm too used to working with
>> 1GB+ images, so <500K is a drop in the ocean.
>>
>> I tend to do my ITK stuff on the weekend; work keeps me busy enough
>> during the week. I don't think I'll get around to this until then,
>> which sounds too late. That means you will have to make the changes on
>> your end. Sorry.
>>
>> I don't like the idea of only testing the 2D code path, but I guess
>> due to disk space we don't have an option... It would be nice to at
>> least keep the 3D test for Hessian image function, seeing this will be
>> what is most used.
>>
>> Fire me an email if you have any questions when making the change.
>>
>> Regards, Dan
>>
>> 2008/10/28 Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>:
>>
>>> Hi Dan,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for looking at the failing tests.
>>>
>>> It is great that you added the tests and baseline images too.
>>>
>>> However, the baseline images are larger than the typical
>>> images that we use for regression testing.
>>>
>>> The images are:
>>>
>>> 256K itkDiscreteHessianGaussianImageFunctionTest01_1.raw
>>> 256K itkDiscreteHessianGaussianImageFunctionTest01_0.raw
>>> 256K itkDiscreteGradientMagnitudeGaussianImageFunctionTest01.raw
>>> 256K itkDiscreteGaussianDerivativeImageFunctionTest01.raw
>>> 489K itkDiscreteHessianGaussianImageFunctionTest02_2.raw
>>> 489K itkDiscreteHessianGaussianImageFunctionTest02_1.raw
>>> 489K itkDiscreteHessianGaussianImageFunctionTest02_0.raw
>>> 489K itkDiscreteGradientMagnitudeGaussianImageFunctionTest02.raw