[Insight-developers] building cable swig on opensolaris

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Nov 5 12:52:48 EST 2008

Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a new build, on opensolaris. I've successfully
> built ITK, but can't build cable swig. The build stops at this stage:
>
> Linking C executable ../../../bin/gccxml_cc1plus
> Undefined                    first referenced
> flag_pic
> CMakeFiles/gccxml_cc1plus.dir/__/__/__/__/GCC/gcc/c-cppbuiltin.o
> flag_pie
> /export/home/glehmann/src/CableSwig/build/GCC/gcc/libbackend.a(options.o)
> flag_stack_protect
> CMakeFiles/gccxml_cc1plus.dir/__/__/__/__/GCC/gcc/c-cppbuiltin.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> ../../../bin/gccxml_cc1plus
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[2]: *** [bin/gccxml_cc1plus] Error 1
> gmake[1]: *** [GCC/gcc/cp/CMakeFiles/gccxml_cc1plus.dir/all] Error 2
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Can someone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gaëtan
>

> PS: I had to use the awk in /usr/xpg4/bin, to avoid the syntax error
> report by the awk in /usr/bin (the one used by default to build cable
> swig). It might be useful to someone else trying to build cable swig on
> opensolaris :-)

This is gccxml's attempt to build its patched gcc 4.2 parser (with a
CMake-ified build).  No one has ever tried it on opensolaris before,
AFAIK.  I can probably port it if I were given access to a machine, but
I won't be able to try until at least January.  If you want to try
yourself before that, feel free.

-Brad