[Insight-developers] GDCM 2.x [was CMake Flag to make itk::Image behave like itk::OrientedImage]

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 03:34:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Karthik Krishnan
<karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> wrote:
[...]
>> 6 options for use/not use of system files...
>> ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM:BOOL=OFF
>>

> We use ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM in our internal projects. We build ITK so as to
> use an external build of GDCM (a more recent version), since it has
> significantly improved DICOM handling. I vote for retaining this.

What exactly is the policy of those system libraries ? Does the same
backward policy apply even on those system libraries ?
Here is what I am planning to do : add support for the new GDCM 2.x
architecture via the use of ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM. A compiler #ifdef
will determine the MAJOR version of GDCM and if GDCM 2.x is found, a
different implementation will be used, itk::GDCMImageIO will have
exactly the same API.

Ref:
http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/GDCM_Release_2.0

Thanks,