[Insight-developers] GDCM 2.x [was CMake Flag to make itk::Image behave like itk::OrientedImage]

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:30:08 EDT 2008

Trust me Bill, this is going to be a hard issue. Boost people have
done some magic trick to work around that, but this is going to
extremely hard to find:
1. someone with the proper knowledge to find a fix
2. someone with time to implement the fix
3. someone with an actual license of VS6
4. someone who is willing to implement a fix for a more than 10yrs old
compiler that no one (including M$) is supporting, esp since VS7/VS8 &
VS9 are free (free toolkit/express edition) !

Don't get me wrong, but I still truly believe dropping VS6 will be
more of a benefit than an issue for the entire ITK community.

Regards

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's not give up too early on the VS 6 issue. If I had a VS6
> compiler, I would help out. Perhaps we can get a volunteer.
>
> I think the main users of VS6 may be overseas.
>
> Bill
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
>> On 9/15/08 11:06 AM, Karthik Krishnan said:
>>
>>>If so, I wonder what the developers think about
>>>upgrading the GDCM in ITK, since DICOM handling is pretty fundamental
>>>for ITK.
>>
>> Well, we (at Rogue) would love this!  Precisely because DICOM handling
>> is so fundamental.
>>
>> According to wikipedia, Visual Studio 6.0 is over 10 years old!  People
>> really still use such old IDEs?
>>
>> --

Mathieu