[Insight-developers] Image as an OrientedImage Progress

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:42:03 EDT 2008

A more expedient question: Does it really make any sense to throw an
exception for degenerate 2D direction cosines. In those cases where valid 3D
dir cosines are truncated to degenerate 2D dir cosines, there's no valid
punt option, categorically:

If you see dir cosines of [0 1] [0 0] or [0 0] [0 1] etc, what that means is
the second fastest moving direction is going in either the Z or -Z
direction.  You can cange them to e.g. [0 1] [1 0] or [0 1] [-1 0], which
will remove the degeneracy, but be 100% wrong.