[Insight-developers] reading 3D tiff (/dcm pair Mevis)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Sep 20 17:39:06 EDT 2008

Hi Rashindra,

Please note that the current version of TIFF in ITK *does*
support 3D images by using the multi-frame support.

You can save now an 3D itk::Image into a TIFF file, and you will
get the slices as the frames into a multi-frame TIFF file.

That being said, updating the TIFF (and other) libraries in the
Utilities directory is something that we could address in the
upcoming releases.

We have added your request to the list of items for the 2008-2009
roadmap of ITK:

    http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Roadmap_2008_2009

Please feel free to add any comments to the TIFF entry.
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Roadmap_2008_2009#TIFF

Just for the record:

   Updating 3rd party libraries is easier said than done.

   Our previous experience have shown that a typical update
   will take about three weeks of effort before the dust settles
   down. This is mainly due to the need to get things working in
   all the supported platforms.