[Insight-developers] Image as an OrientedImage Progress

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 22 12:06:33 EDT 2008

Kent,

Actually this is the real case of most CT, MRI and Confocal
Microscopy images.

The slices along Z are not acquired simultaneously, but with some
lag in time, (which may be milliseconds in current scanners)...
but still.

When moving along Z in a CT scan, we are usually moving along
time as well.

Strictly speaking, most 3D images are actually aligned along
diagonal axes in the 4D space composed of 3D + time.

We tend to simply disregard this effect.

     Luis