[Insight-developers] reading 3D tiff (/dcm pair Mevis): THIRD-PARTY LIBRARY PATROL

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Sep 23 12:33:02 EDT 2008

Sean McBride wrote:

> Another thing is the VTK/ITK division.  Take libTIFF.  It was out of
> date in both VTK and ITK.  VTK was updated by Andinet, but ITK is still
> out of date.  It might be nice if the 3rd party code could be shared.
> Of course, there are pros and cons to this.

---------------------------

Yeap, that's a great point.

We have managed to share other libraries between ITK and VTK.

In particular:

    * kwsys
    * MetaImage

It requires some CVS black magic, and coordination among the
projects. In involves some pains, but for the most part it
seems to bring benefits.

Karthink is also looking at sharing OpenJpeg among ITK, GDCM
and MetaImage, which may also be an interesting thing to do.