[Insight-developers] GDCM 2.x portability

Gert Wollny gert at die.upm.es
Tue Sep 23 12:43:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

>Question: Have you built gdcm2 successfully with any non-gcc compilers?

I had some cycles to burn, so I test-compiled the project with VS 2008
Express.

Without enabling ITK/Python/VTK it compiled without a hitch.

Enabling ITK revealed a problem in a CMakeLists.txt.
Correcting this resulted in a compile error due to a missing include
path, and after correction, I was left with a linker error due to
duplicated code - all in the ITK related part, which would probably not
be used, when ITK would use this library.

> However, I also tried compiling it with Visual Studio 7
They list VS 7.1 as minimum, maybe that's the issue?

Hope that helps,

Gert