[Insight-developers] GDCM 2.x portability

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:05:51 EDT 2008

Bill,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> I now have a version of VS6. At first glance, getting gdcm2 to compile
> with this compiler may not be possible because of the extensive use of
> partial specialization. There are other minor issues, but they can be
> worked around.

You'll need to change the API, which I am not encline to do. see the use of

template<int T> function(); // function does not reference template T

all over the place.

> However, I also tried compiling it with Visual Studio 7

this has exactly the same issue as VS6. I do not even know how to get
that compiler.

> and Borland.

bcc 5.5 is very old. I think I tried at some point. If you setup a
dashboard, I'll look at the compiler error.

> There are many compile errors also.

Yeah, well I have written gdcm 2.x on my free time. So feel free to
send me patch. Thanks.

> Question: Have you built gdcm2 successfully with any non-gcc compilers?

VS 2003 / VS 2006 / VS 2008 no problem (those are very decent compilers).

--
Mathieu