[Insight-developers] Google Summer of Code

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 5 07:26:48 EDT 2009

Hi Gaetan,

Thanks a lot for helping with the preparation of ITK projects
for the Google Summer of Code.

I can give you some news about it,
but unfortunately their are not good:

In short:

    we couldn't complete the application on time,
    so we didn't make it to the submission deadline.

My suggestion would be that we start preparing for next year.

In that way, by the time we arrive to February/March 2010,
we should already have  a list of well defined projects and
even prospective interested students.

I have copied the current project proposals to a 2010 page:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Google_Summer_of_Code/2010

Including a tentative Schedule, that hopefully will help us to
make it on time next year.

This page is linked from:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Google_Summer_of_Code

BTW: If we make it to the Google Summer of Code,
the "Organization" will be the "Insight Software Consortium"
or "Kitware".