[Insight-developers] Sun-CC changes heads up

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 5 22:34:27 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

You are right, I should be adding the <string.h> header
instead of replacing the existing <string>.

What started as a quick fix is turning out to be a major
revisiting of all the files with string and math functions.

I have been replacing:

     sin, cos, atan, acos, asin, pow, exp, log, sqrt

with their vcl_ versions: vcl_sin, vcl_cos... etc.

and adding header for the functions

   atoi
   atof
   memset
   memcpy

I have been doing this by compiling simultaneously
in Linux with gcc 4.2 and with CC under Sun.

We still have to see how this goes with our usual friends:
Borland and Visual Studio 6.0.

I'll continue with this tomorrow...

    Luis