[Insight-developers] itkCannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Apr 9 16:25:51 EDT 2009

Leila,

As Brad pointed out, this filter requires both the input and output
images to be of pixel type "float or double".

This requirement is enforced by the concept check macros in lines
229 to 232 of itkCannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.h:

   itkConceptMacro(InputIsFloatingPointCheck,
     (Concept::IsFloatingPoint<InputImagePixelType>));
   itkConceptMacro(OutputIsFloatingPointCheck,
     (Concept::IsFloatingPoint<OutputImagePixelType>));

The same dimensionality requirement is also enforced by the
concept check in line 227.