[Insight-developers] Test input data

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:11:58 EDT 2009

Folks,

Until recently, several tests used input files generated by other
tests. This is bad practice since all tests may not be run in the same
session. For example, we have 4 separate valgrind runs that each run
1/4 of the tests. They each start with a clean Testing/Temporary
directory.

All input data should reside in either Examples/Data or Testing/Data/Input.

I ran a script that ran each test with a clean Testing/Temporary. This
uncovered many tests that expected to find input data in
Testing/Temporary (i.e. data generated by another test).

I have corrected the defective CMakeLists.txt files. In some cases,
this required new input data.

Also, this process uncovered one regression test that was comparing
outputs and baselines from another test. You'll now see that test
failing on some platforms:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=20367695&build=309107

I added a comment to the procedure for adding a test.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Adding_a_Test

Bill