[Insight-developers] New netlib slatec library

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sun Apr 12 09:24:28 EDT 2009

Hello:

After talking it over with Luis and Bill, we've created the following
directories :
  Insight/Utilities/netlib
  Insight/Utilities/netlib/slatec

The netlib-slatec files in Insight/Code/Numerics/Statitistics/ have been
moved into the slatec directory.

A new (static) library itkNetlibSlatec is created, to which the
ITKStatistics links. These files were used the probability distributions in
ITK. Given that there are no header files in this directory, it does not
impact the number of include directories or the installed files.

Our reasons for moving this were that (a) there drop in coverage numbers due
to these files being considered a part of ITK. This directory now contains a
.NoDartCoverage (b) Third party libraries should be in so far as possible be
seperated from the toolkit.

For more info in slatec : http://www.netlib.org/slatec/

karthik