[Insight-developers] Failing test vnl_test_math

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Apr 16 18:13:24 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

I just logged in dashsun1

and here is the full test print out:

Test command: /home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-CC/bin/vnl_test_all
test_math
Start Testing test_math:
n = -11
f = -7.5
d = -3.14159
i = (0,1)
z = (-1,2)
exp(d*i) = (-1,-1.22465e-16)

abs(n) = 11
abs(f) = 7.5
abs(d) = 3.14159
abs(i) = 1
abs(z) = 2.23607
norm(z) = 5

abs(n) == 11 -   PASSED
abs(f) == 7.5 -   PASSED
abs(d) == pi -   PASSED
abs(i) == 1 -   PASSED
abs(-1+2i)~=sqrt(5) should be 2.23607, is 2.23607,   PASSED
norm(-1+2i) ~= 5 should be 5, is 5,   PASSED
exp(d*i) ~= -1 should be 0, is 1.22465e-16,   PASSED

rnd(-8.4999)  == -8 -   PASSED
rnd(-8.4999f) == -8 -   PASSED
vnl_math_rnd(-8.50) == -9
rnd(-8.50)  == -8/9 -   PASSED
rnd(-8.50f) == -8/9 -   PASSED
vnl_math_rnd(-8.5001) == -9
rnd(-8.5001)  == -9 -   PASSED
rnd(-8.5001f) == -9 -   PASSED
rnd(8.4999)  == 8 -   PASSED
rnd(8.4999f) == 8 -   PASSED
rnd(8.50)  == 8/9 -   PASSED
vnl_math_rnd(8.50) == 9
rnd(8.50f) == 8/9 -   PASSED
vnl_math_rnd(8.5001) == 9
rnd(8.5001)  == 9 -   PASSED
rnd(8.5001f) == 9 -   PASSED
 isfinite(f)     -   PASSED
 isfinite(d)     -   PASSED
 isfinite(i)     -   PASSED
 isfinite(z)     -   PASSED
vcl_numeric_limits<float>::has_infinity==true assumption -   PASSED
vcl_numeric_limits<double>::has_infinity==true assumption -   PASSED
vcl_numeric_limits<ldouble>::has_infinity==true assumption -   PASSED
vcl_numeric_limits<float>::has_quiet_NaN==true assumption -   PASSED
vcl_numeric_limits<double>::has_quiet_NaN==true assumption -   PASSED
vcl_numeric_limits<ldouble>::has_quiet_NaN==true assumption -   PASSED
pinf_f = inf = �ninf_d = -inf = ��!isfinite(qnan_d) -   PASSED
!isinf(qnan_d)    -   PASSED
 isnan(qnan_d)    -   PASSED
!isfinite(pinf_q) -   PASSED
!isfinite(ninf_q) -   PASSED