[Insight-developers] Problems with SymmetricSecondRankTensor and DiffusionTensors3D

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:51:55 EDT 2009

Hi Kent,

I agree that item 1,2 are pretty straight forward, what i meant by a
templated constructor was this.

 /** Constructor to enable casting...  */
  template < typename TCoordRepB >
  SymmetricSecondRankTensor( const
SymmetricSecondRankTensor<TCoordRepB,NDimension> & pa ):
    BaseArray(pa) { };

its just a pass through constructor with a templated argument. Its that
same pattern as in itkVector.
If someone with itk write access is willing to take a look I can send an
abridged patch to them :)

I didn't disable the methods that were discussed in 8574 (so backward
compatibility is maintained) I just changed the signature of the Rotate
method that was proposed in that patch to allow more general matrix
classes to be used there.

I agree that independent code review is a great idea. Where does one put
code to be reviewed? How would those outside of the core itkDevelopers
participate?

In a related vein, I'd also love to start a conversation with
itk-developers about bug 0008786
<http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8786>. Is the incorporation of a
spatial jacobian into the transform class something that seems
feasible/desirable to anyone else? It was mentioned in
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:InverseTransform but none of the talk
recently about the inverseTransform stuff mentioned it.

thanks,
Luke