[Insight-developers] ITKBinaryAttributeMorphology - Insight Review Porting Overview

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Aug 7 12:15:20 EDT 2009

Le 7 août 09 à 14:43, Gaëtan Lehmann a écrit :

> Le 6 août 09 à 22:44, Sophie Chen a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please find below a summary of the status of porting the Label
>> classes into ITK.
>>
>> Classes moved during the month of July:
>>
>> AggregateLabelMapFilter
>> ChangeLabelLabelMapFilter
>> MergeLabelMapFilter
>> PackLabelMapFilter  -> RelabelLabelMapFilter
>> ShiftScaleLabelMapFilter
>>
>> AutoCropLabelMapFilter
>> ChangeRegionLabelMapFilter
>> CropLabelMapFilter
>> PadLabelMapFilter
>> RegionFromReferenceLabelMapFilter
>>
>> Classes moved between August 1 and August 6:
>>
>> itkBinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter
>> itkBinaryShapeOpeningImageFilter
>>
>> itkLabelMapToLabelImageFilter
>> itkLabelImageToShapeLabelMapFilter
>> *itkLabelPerimeterEstimationCalculator
>>
>> itkShapeKeepNObjectsLabelMapFilter
>> itkShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter
>> itkShapeRelabelLabelMapFilter
>>
>> itkShapeLabelMapFilter
>> itkShapeLabelObject
>>
>> *dependency
>>
>> Subclasses of the Shape filters in the NAMIC-Sandbox that remain to
>> be moved:
>>
>> itkShapePositionLabelMapFilter
>> itkBinaryShapeKeepNObjectsImageFilter
>> itkLabelShapeKeepNObjectsImageFilter
>> itkLabelShapeOpeningImageFilter
>>
>> itkShapeUniqueLabelMapFilter
>>
>> It should be noted that the ShapeUniqueLabelMapFilter has a cluster
>> of dependencies
>> (at least three), as reference for future reviews. Some of the
>> dependencies I recall
>> are itkLabelMapUtilities (I added the Doxygen for this),
>> itkObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter
>> and an Attribute...type...filter.
>>

> Hi Sophie,
>
> The itkLabelMapUtilities file is there only to fix the problem with
> the templated methods. You have used another fix, so it shouldn't be
> needed anymore.
> Also, I don't think there is a dependency on
> ObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter, nor on an Attribute...Filter, excepted
> maybe for the test, but it can be implemented in another way (with
> MergeLabelMapFilter).

You are right for ObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter: it uses
LabelSelectionLabelMapFilter, which is a subclass of
AttributeSelectionLabelMapFilter.
It will be for the next release...

I've pushed all the missing Shape and Statistics filters in the
repository, excepted *PositionLabelMapFilter. I'm now fixing the
warnings, and begin to push the tests baselines.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann