[Insight-developers] Test for large image buffer convert

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Aug 11 17:10:50 EDT 2009

Le 11 août 09 à 22:07, Gaëtan Lehmann a écrit :

> Le 11 août 09 à 17:23, Sean McBride a écrit :
>
>> Should ITK_COMPUTER_MEMORY_SIZE state the amount of physical RAM in
>> the
>> machine?  What if my machine has 8 GB of physical RAM but my OS is
>> only
>> 32 bit (and thus a process is limited to max 4 GB RAM)?  Would that
>> cause the test to run, but then crash?
>
> That would be unfortunate. If that's the case, it would be better to
> run the tests only if CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P is (at least) 8.

That's what is happening here... on my test system (opensolaris 24 GB
of RAM), I get that:

927/1659 Testing itkLargeImageWriteReadTest1      Passed
928/1659 Testing itkLargeImageWriteReadTest2   ***Failed
929/1659 Testing itkLargeImageWriteReadTest3      Passed

The surprising result is the one for itkLargeImageWriteReadTest3 which
is not failing. The test seems to not even see the right image size,
and allocates only 1154 MB instead of the 9346 MB that it should (try
to) allocate.

I guess we should rather receive an exception there...

929/1659 Testing itkLargeImageWriteReadTest3
Test command: /export/home/glehmann/tests/Insight/build-sse32/bin/
itkIOTests itkLargeImageWriteReadTest /export/home/glehmann/tests/
Insight/build-sse32/Testing/Temporary/LargeImage03.mhd 70000L
Test timeout computed to be: 1500
Trying to allocate an image of size 1154 Mb
Initializing pixel values
Trying to write the image to disk
Trying to read the image back from disk
Comparing the pixel values.. :
           Probe Tag    Starts    Stops             Time (s)
             Allocate           1            1       2.88486e-05
              Compare           1            1           2.55108
         Initializing           1            1           3.26561
                 Read           1            1           8.00332
                Write           1            1           2.31333

Test PASSED !

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann