[Insight-developers] Changing ImageRegionMultidimensionalSplitter

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Aug 18 10:57:06 EDT 2009

Hello Kevin,

	Thank you for sharing your implementation. I attached the patch which
I implemented and tested fairly well, to the bug report:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8524

I would be curious if this implementation would work for you.

I briefly looked at your. It appear you have a different approach. I
would describe it as greedily recursively splitting the largest region?

Brad

> On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 10:12 -0400, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> 2) New algorithm for Multi-dimensional splitting
>>
>> Instead of taking the nth root and shrinking the splits in each
>> dimension, the new approach will be:
>>
>> iteratively split the dimension who's splitted region is the largest.
>> This will be reproducible between the two methods.
>>

> I've been using the attached splitter for a while now.
>
> It behaves as you suggest
>

> <itkImageRegionNonCubeSplitter.h><itkImageRegionNonCubeSplitter.txx>

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine
blowekamp at mail.nih.gov