[Insight-developers] Questions about " Insight/Utilities/kwsys/SharedForward.h.in"

Yongqiang Zhao yongqiang-zhao at uiowa.edu
Wed Dec 16 09:53:06 EST 2009

Hi,

When I build my program based on itk on Linux64 with gcc4, I found the
following warning:

InsightToolkit/Utilities/itksys/SharedForward.h:518: warning: cast discards
qualifiers from pointer target type

I think the problem is caused by force cast from char const* const* to char
* const*.

The way to remove this warning is:
1. deep copy the value that argv points;
2. pass the copy to execvp.

Another question about this file is at line 497 and 502, if it use malloc to
allocate memory, I think these memory also should be freed.

Yongqiang