[Insight-developers] Parallel test failures

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 17 10:23:31 EST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 10:05 AM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:

> Of the 8 hooperlab workstations submitting nightly builds of ITK
> six are configured to use Nightly CMake and to run the tests in parallel.
>
> All of these show failures of the itkObjectFactoryTest2.

I saw this one too, no idea off hand.

> Some of these show failures of the itkLargeImageWriteReadTest2.

They appear to be timing out. I think that the issue is that multiple of the itkLargeImageWriteReadTest(s) are running at the same time and the system is running out of memory, swapping and timing out. I believe this issue was brought up before and there was some CMake option to run certain test sequentially, or serially or something?

> These failures do not happen on the 2 hooperlab workstations that use
> ctest2.6-patch 4 and run the tests in serial.
>
> <signature.asc><ATT00001..txt>

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine