[Insight-developers] New Bug

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 14 10:36:04 EST 2009

Hello,

	I don't think this is a bug. If you look at how it works with the
pipeline execution, for example in GenerateOutputInformation, this
change would probably have horrible effects. In this case only the
meta data information such as origin, spacing, size etc are updated,
so that the down stream pipeline know about the image. The requested
region get propagated in the next step. I really don't think this is a
bug. I have always considered CopyInformation, UpdateOutputInformation
etc, to refer to the meta data/information not the pipeline (requested
region) or buffer information.

Brad

On Jan 13, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Hans Johnson wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I’ve just submitted a new bug.  Please let me know if you there is a
> reason why itk::ImageBase<>::CopyInformation should not be setting
> the RequestedRegion and the BufferedRegion.
>
> 0008374: itkImageBase<>::CopyInformation does not set the Buffered
> or the Requested Regions
> Description     I would have expected the following code to generate
> an image with all 1's of the same size as readerImage.
>
> itk::Image<> readerImage=myreader->GetOutput();
>
> itk::Image<> OnesImage=itk::Image<>::New()
> OnesImage->CopyInformation(readerImage);
> OnesImage->Allocate();
> OnesImage->Fill(1);
>
> ===============
> The problem is that CopyInformation only sets the
> LargestPossibleRegion, and not the BufferedRegion nor the
> RequestedRegion.
>
> Additional Information
>
> I believe that CopyInformation needs to copy the BufferedRegion and
> the RequestedRegion in addition to the LargestPossibleRegion.
>

> Thanks,
> Hans
>
> Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is
> covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
> 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender
> that you have received the message in error, then delete it.  Thank
> you.

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine