[Insight-developers] Image memory model

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 6 11:02:51 EDT 2009

Stephen,

   Dan already submitted this code to the Insight Journal:

    http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/646

   and his code has been in the NAMIC Sandbox for a while:

http://svn.na-mic.org/NAMICSandBox/trunk/SliceBasedImageMemoryLayout/

(since November 2006, to be precise).

His question refers to how to manage updates to the code.

The Insight Jounal is not the most convenient revision control
system for code. If you make a fix to Dan's code, you will
have to package the source code again in a .zip file and
upload it to the IJ server. That's a very inconvenient way
of managing source code modifications.

It is common practice for us, that when we are about to move
an Insight Journal contribution from the Insight Journal into
the Code Review directory, we contact the authors and ask for
the most recent version.

One way to avoid this would be to have a Insight Journal
Sandbox SVN repository, where all ITK developers as well
as the paper author can have write access.