[Insight-developers] What is LINEAR_INTERPOLATOR_FIXED?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Tue Jul 28 08:13:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

The attached patch enables optimized linear interpolation when
ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS is turned on. It also fixes the
behavior of the optimized linear interpolation. On my setup (optimized
registration turned on & centered pixels turned on), an experimental
build turns out as green as before:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=388451

Anyone against me committing this patch?

Cheers,
Tom

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 00:13, Tom Vercauteren<tom.vercauteren at m4x.org> wrote:
> Ok. Thanks Luis. I'll give it a try.
>
> Tom
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 22:43, Luis Ibanez<luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>

>> The linear interpolator in the Code/Review directory has a bug.
>> Currently, it doesn't produce the same results as the linear
>> interpolator in Code/Common.
>>

>> When you enable that CMake flag, you should see a test failing...
>>

>> We should fix its behavior before we rely on this code.
>>

>>    Luis
>>

>> -----------------------
>> Tom Vercauteren wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Luis,
>>>
>>> I just realized that the optimized registration framework does not use
>>> the optimized linear interpolator. Apparently the optimized linear
>>> interpolator is not used at all. This is because of the following line
>>> in itkLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h:
>>>
>>> #if defined( ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS ) && defined(
>>> LINEAR_INTERPOLATOR_FIXED )
>>> #include "itkOptLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h"
>>> #else
>>>
>>> Any reason for not having
>>>
>>> #ifdef ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS
>>> #include "itkOptLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h"
>>> #else
>>>
>>> instead? I saw that this modification was done for ITK 3.6
>>>

>>>  http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h?root=Insight&r1=1.36&r2=1.33&sortby=date
>>>
>>> but the only commit message is
>>>
>>>  ENH: Temporarily disabling the redirection of this interpolator to the
>>>       OptLinearInterpolateImageFunction class.
>>>
>>> Should we proceed to re-enabling this functionality?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tom