[Insight-developers] Cygwin cmake 2.6 issue

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 3 08:40:58 EDT 2009

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Is there any resolution to the cygwin shared library issue and cmake
> 2.6? We cannot move itk to cmake 2.6 until this backward compatibility
> issue is resolved.

We need to switch all the shared/static logic to follow the UNIX
approach on cygwin...as in vxl is built shared when ITKCommon is
shared.  In fact all of ITK can be built shared on cygwin if we
want because the GNU tools support auto-export of symbols.

This only requires a few updates to the CMakeLists.txt files.
There should be very few or no C++ changes.

-Brad