[Insight-developers] Wrong documentation in itkAffineTransform.h?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 05:54:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I just realized that there is an inconsistency between the
documentation of AffineTransform and MatrixOffsetTransformBase.

When talking about the parameters, MatrixOffsetTransformBase states that:

  "The first (NOutputDimension x NInputDimension) parameters defines
the matrix in row-major order (where the column index varies the
fastest)."

whereas AffineTransform states that:

  "The first (NDimension x NDimension) parameters defines the matrix
in column-major order (where the column index) varies the fastest)."

To me the documentation of AffineTransform seems wrong. What do you
think about changing that part in itkAffineTransform.h by the
following?

   "The first (NDimension x NDimension) parameters defines the matrix
in row-major order (where the column index varies the fastest)."

Regards,
Tom