[Insight-developers] Cygwin and Mingw tests failing after CMakeLists change

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Sun Jun 21 16:52:59 EDT 2009

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I noticed that the only library in ITK that defines its EXPORT in
[snip]
> Shouldn't equivalent statements be present for each ITK library.

The GNU toolchain on windows supports auto-export/auto-import of all
symbols to make it behave more like unix shared libraries.  This is
describe in the comments I added to CMakeLists.txt and also in the
commit message.

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Bill Lorensen<bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Brad,
>>
>> A number of tests are failing on the cygwin and mingw builds after
>> your recent fixes to build shared libs.
>> On cygwin: (ignore the timeouts for now)
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=360248

The netlib tests are probably running executables that are not placed
in the bin directory and cannot find the DLLs at runtime.  After making
the changes all tests passed but I remember now that I manually set the
PATH to point at the bin directory.  Since I was working on the changes
5 minutes at a time spread out over a couple day's I forgot my shell had
PATH set.  I'll look at moving the location of netlib test executables.

-Brad