[Insight-developers] Changes to itkOptImageToImageMetric causing crashes

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Fri Jun 26 16:28:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

Registration code that use to work is now failing.

When I back-out recent changes to the base image-to-image metric class, the
code starts working again.

The suspect changes are shown here:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Review/itkOptImageToImageMetric.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.29&r2=1.30&sortby=date
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Review/itkOptImageToImageMetric.h?root=Insight&r1=1.22&r2=1.23&sortby=date

The failure I am getting is "joint pdf sums to zero."   It only happens when
I pass the samples to the metric.

Luis and I have encountered another group with different registration code
and that registration code has also recently started failing.  We are not
certain if the cause is the same.

I am traveling the next week, so if someone discovers the bug before me...
:)

Stephen

--
Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.