[Insight-developers] ImageFileReader/Writer read progress

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue May 19 17:50:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Ivan Macia <imacia at vicomtech.org> wrote:

> Hi Brad, Karthik,
>
> Thanks for your help. For now I could give it a try with the
> StreamingImageFilter, I am trying to read/write MetaImage in this case. The
> problem is that we are using UseCompressionOn()

Its very easy to get progress out of tar library (that metaio uses for
compression) and forward that progress as the ImageIO's progress event.
Pretty sure tar reports progress, since I can see it on the command line
every time I use untar, provided by libtar, but I'm not sure. And then you
can patch up your source code.

Of course, the easy solution is the coffee break icon..

Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,
Kitware Inc.
Ph: 518 881 4919