[Insight-developers] Missing ITK Valgrind? : Looking for Volunteers

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed May 20 13:42:01 EDT 2009

Le 20 mai 09 à 16:36, Sean McBride a écrit :

> On 5/20/09 10:08 AM, Luis Ibanez said:
>
>> (I assume that Valgrind runs equally fine on a Mac Mini...)
>
> You may assume incorrectly.  Valgrind is not 'fully baked' on Mac OS
> X.
> There are at least two people/groups working on it:
> <http://www.sealiesoftware.com/valgrind/>
> <http://blog.mozilla.com/nnethercote/>
>
> I personally I have never tried it.
>
> Can anyone say how much slower ITK tests run with valgrind than
> without?

Hi Sean,

I can give some data - it may not be fully relevant, because of the
small numbers of tests, but it gives an idea:

[itkdash at pixel build]$ time ctest -Q -I 100,110

real	0m0.572s
user	0m0.504s
sys	0m0.073s

[itkdash at pixel build]$ time ctest -Q -I 100,110 -T Memcheck

real	0m42.973s
user	0m42.168s
sys	0m0.805s

Gaëtan