[Insight-developers] Python: Numeric vs NumArray vs Numpy (itkPyBuffer)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:13:15 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Steve M. Robbins <steve at sumost.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:11:16AM +0200, Ga?tan Lehmann wrote:
>
>> >- What is the difference in between (the patched)
>> >Wrapping/WrapITK/ExternalProjects/PyBuffer/itkPyBuffer.txx and
>> >Wrapping/CSwig/CommonA/itkPyBuffer.txx ?
>>

>> I never succeeded to use the later, while the former works great :-)
>> The new one is a rework of what was began with the old one, but
>> never polished enough to be production ready.
>
> I didn't understand which variant you believe to be production ready;
> is it WrapITK or CSwig?

If my understanding is correct (although I hardly ever use the wrapped
layer) Gaetan has been mostly working on WrapITK and CSWig is more or
less deprecated (but no official declaration from ITK-dev AFAIK).

> What is lacking in the other variant?

I am not sure but project like devide started using WrapITK after
reading the changelog:

http://code.google.com/p/devide/issues/detail?id=138
-> http://code.google.com/p/wrapitk/wiki/Release030

2cts
--
Mathieu
(*) I tried packaging WrapITK and last time I tried it tries to