[Insight-developers] CSwig vs WrapITK vs WrapITK

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 04:55:28 EDT 2009

Hello there,

  [Sorry for the cross post, but this is a dev question that I'd like
to be publicly archived, thus using insight-users for publicly
available mailman archival]

  I know this has been asked multiple times before but in summary what
should I be using to access ITK from python/tcl ?

1) CSwig: Is it going to be removed, replaced by one of the two wrapitk ?
2) WrapITK stable: Is it going to be removed, replaced by the 'newer' wrapitk ?
3) WrapITK (code.google.com/wrapitk): Is it going to be merge into ITK
at some point ?

  I know that project such as Devide are using the WrapITK from
google.code (ref: http://devidenews.wordpress.com/). How about other
who is still using either 1) or 2) ?
  What is the impact of code change if a project were to use CSwig and
would like now to switch to WrapITK/code.google ?

Thank you very much for your time,
--
Mathieu

Ref: