[Insight-developers] Rounding related test failures and 64-bit ints

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 30 10:45:14 EDT 2009

Hello,

1)`
	I just wanted to point out this one failing test, on one system. With
all the different rounding options we have it is hard to say if we
have gotten all of the rounding just right.

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=459686

Considering this problem I had to fix:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkMathDetail.h?root=Insight&r1=1.7&r2=1.8

causing:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=34442551&build=458147

We might want todo a little more tests of the rounding methods near
zero?

2)

Also we should look into the numeric traits for 64-bit integers.
Currently, the rounding methods are using the generic NumericTraits
implementation in some cases for 64-bit integers.

We should look into adding NumericTraits for long long, and __int64.
There appears to be some work perviously done on this, what is the
status?

There is clearly a strong need for this considering we have an
implementation in the Review Statistics and a commented out version in
NumericTraits. I have also just bumped into this problem in my own
code too.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for